Thursday, February 20, 2014

Depression/stress and Omega-3s, plus L-Arginine

It's no doubt that a majority of us gets depressed now and then, or more often than others, especially stressed. According to nimh.nih.gov/health, 20.9 million of American adults, 9.5% are diagnosed with a mood disorder. It could be just depression, or manic depression, or bipolar 1 or 2, maybe personality disorder, anxiety, etc, many mood disorders. Kids are even labeled as having ADHD or ADD. Depression is simply imbalances of chemicals and the ability to transmit neurotransmitters between nerv cells such as serotonin. Either your brain can't produce enough neurotransmitters or the nerves don't respond to them. People are given drugs to try and counteract their disorder either temporary or long term. Sometimes a wrong diagnosis can be made too. In our brain we have seratonin that helps with our mood, appetite & body temp. which also happens in the hypothalamus along with more functions like our hormones, autonomic nervous system, & thirst, of the brain, and we also have dopamine that causes us to have sexual drive and muscle movement to name a couple, and these get imbalanced at some point in time by themselves or from us being whacked out all the time. All these chemicals are known as neurotransmitters that pass through our nerves to out body, to our muscles to cause muscle action, cause brain action, everything.

Antidepressants are given to correct these imbalances. Some antidepressants are serotonin inhibitors or for dopamine, or they could be to slow everything down. I'm not a doctor but there is too much of everything that's given unless we really need it or if we don't know any better. I've battled depression most of my life I realized, my mood would be up and down, not being happy, not focused. I always knew I wanted to help people and be into health. I wanted to be a trainer but never knew I'd come this far with my holistic interests, my holistic approach to things. I was actually counseled and I actually filled out symptoms I've had on a form at a doctor's office. This cheap doctor's office I went to gladly put me on some off brand antidepressants. After only two weeks I decided to get off them and realized it's not like me to be on pills. I couldn't feel any different. I've exercised and kept myself in shape but that didn't make me feel good long term during the day. 

My mom's always been into herbs and taking her vitamins, more than me. She's tried Omega-3 fish oils too. Not too long though, she did more research about Salmon oil. It turned out it was a lot better for you than regular fish oils. So she started buying Alaskan Salmon capsules from SAMsclub. She's been taking them for years for her inflammation & other problems. At age 25, in January 2014 I begin taking them also. I thought I was young and didn't need them still but another guy I got to know my age who was a trainer was taking fish oils too. So that influenced me to take them. Within a few weeks I started noticing my sleep improving and my mood. During sleep you have better dreams, they're not as scary or weird because your attitude is better. Dreams are usually about what you're dealing with in your life.  I wasn't dragging my feet, I wasn't depressed, my mind wasn't shut down, I didn't feel like giving up like I've felt before, nothing. My mind felt clear & focused, and I felt more energized. I get tired at night faster because I'm not thinking about anything. They really help balance all your chemicals/ hormones out or if you're a woman, it'll balance out any woman issues. Even ADHD or ADD adults & kids should be considering taking these. They also maybe equipped with DHA for your brain.  Ask your doctor first and/or do research incase you're on any kind of medications. I recommend this. I'm a naturalist. These pills I have pictures are from Samsclub but you can pick up Salom Oil in a health food store too. Make sure you get them with DHA for your brain function. These will just help with eye health, brain, joints and any inflammation in the body such as arthritis.

You should know that our diets have lots to do with it along with environment. And foods with GMOs, sugar and any diet food or drinks because they're filled with other things to make up for what was taken out that aren't healthy.. We don't get enough Omega-3s either.. Omega-3 fish oils are polyunsaturated fatty acids and monounsaturated fatty acids are your canola, sunflower, grapes we'd oils, etc. Try to avoid excessive Omega-6 acids because they increase inflammation in the body. Which makes anything disorder or disease worse. The American or Western diet is strong with Omega-6 acids, and with baked goods or sweets.

The 100% Alaskan Salmon oil is recommended because they're the darkest & strongest capsules sold at Same Club.

    

Research also shows on Webmd and Bodybuilding.com that L-Arginine is powerful in increasing blood flow/circulation, decreasing heart disease & cholesterol, it can help with mood, & many more things. Had healing power. It's because of the blood flow that brings nutrients to the brain & muscles, etc. It's what converts into nitric oxide which is a type of neurotransmitter. It's also one of the essential amino acids. Different companies make it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment